About the floor….
A floor is not always considered an interesting object. It’s even often used in a negative way, such as “to clean or wipe the floor up with someone”.
For Ilan Meidar Architects, the floor is often the main player.
A special, high quality, surprising floor can be the base and the eye catcher of a designed space.
At exhibitions, floors can add value to several purposes:
• A floor can wear the general graphics of the booth, which creates continuity with the walls and other graphic elements
• A transparent floor gives you the feeling that there is something underneath the floor and we are trying to expose it. It gives a feeling of floating, and of course of transparency.
• When something is screened on the floor, it draws all the attention to it, it’s something new and not regular.
• A wooden or parquet floor gives a very stylish and warm atmosphere.
• An elevated floor creates a feeling of elevation, of a higher level
• A floor with light trails creates a futuristic feeling of innovation and high-tech development.
A new and innovative trend is to draw impressive and super realistic drawings on the floor, which create confusion and give the illusion of 3D dimensions. The impact such a floor creates is immense: people stop to look at it and to check if what they see is really what they see. The strength and smartness of the drawing creates a feeling of awe, appreciation and pleasure.
Companies that use these kinds of floors at international conventions receive compliments not only from their clients but also from passers-by, which stop to look at the floor, see the brand and remember the brand of the booth they visited.